The Excelarator™ 15T-SS ballistic separator from Excel Manufacturing and JWR Inc. processes 15 tons of single-stream recyclables per hour with less than 3% contamination in the paper fibre split. The simple, rugged design reduces annual maintenance and upkeep by as much as 90% for the lowest total cost of ownership on the market.
One 15 HP motor makes it the most energy efficient separator in the industry.
Features unique to the Excelarator 15T-SS ballistic separator:
- A unique built-in air filtration and dust separation system.
- Integrated carry-off conveyors that can be configured in the field to either side.
- Twice the lift of comparable ballistic separators for larger load capacity and more accurate separation.
- On-the-fly hydraulic bed tilt allows angle changes to suit varying moisture content in your stream during operation.
- Feed from any angle by conventional conveyors, integrating easily into your existing setup.
- Integrated take-off and out-feed conveyors to distribute the separated materials for final processing. The conveyors can be oriented in different directions for flexibility in distributing separated materials.
- Minimized service and maintenance because waste materials never come into contact with moving parts of the separator.
- Built-in glass breaking and separation capability, minimizing wear on your recycling machine while maximizing operator safety.
- Compact height of 15 ft, suitable for smaller facilities.
Optional glass fines classifier
The glass fines classifier from JWR Inc. is an accessory to the Excelarator 15T-SS ballistic separator. It is a low-cost alternative to traditional methods of recovering fibre from your fines stream. This unit lets you recover more valuable paper fibre from the glass fines output post separation. As well, the reduced contamination in the remaining glass fines makes them more saleable, or at least cheaper to dispose of.
Features of the glass fines classifier:
- Processes 2 tons per hour with less than 2% fibre contamination and less than 5% contamination in the remaining glass.
- Maximizes recovery of valuable paper fibres that are lost with conventional separation equipment.
- Simple, rugged design offers maximum reliability and reduces annual maintenance costs.
- Integrates with the ExcelaratorTM15T-SS ballistic separator, feeding recovered paper fibres right onto the conveyor going to your paper baler.
- Can operate as a stand-alone unit to recover paper fibre from glass fines in an existing single or multi-stream facility.
To help you identify the right equipment for your recycling business, we invite you to download our free guide, Your guide to buying the right recycling equipment.