Dryclone® Drying Systems
Click here for the Dryclone® Drying System brochure.
The high moisture content of residual sludges and organic waste is a barrier to cost-effective disposal or reuse. The biggest challenge is the moisture trapped inside the cell structure of organic materials. Conventional dryers can’t open the cell structure and remove the moisture inside.
The Dryclone® Drying System from Dryclone International (UK) Limited solves this problem using only air to convey, pulverize and efficiently remove the moisture from residual sludges and organic waste in a cost-effective way. Dryclone’s aerodynamic pulverization means it can remove the moisture trapped inside the cells of organic materials, unlike conventional dryers, drum dryers, ring dryers, and fluidized bed dryers. This can create new opportunities for massive savings in transportation and disposal costs, and profit from saleable products.
Dryclone can dry feedstocks from up to 85% moisture content to less than 15%.* This results in weight reduction of up to 75%, drastically reducing your transportation and disposal costs. And thanks to the aerodynamic pulverization, Dryclone also creates the opportunity to produce energy or nutrient products.
The Dryclone uses huge quantities of air moving at very high speeds combined with sophisticated aerodynamic design to convey, pulverize and dry the wet waste. The cleverly managed air flow inside the Dryclone causes the feedstock to impact on itself, not against the internal surfaces, preventing wear. The material-on-material impaction shears open the cell structure and removes the moisture inside. As a result, the material is evenly and consistently dry, not dry on the outside and wet in the middle.
The Dryclone has no moving parts in the pathway of the feedstock between the infeed and outlet airlocks. This results in long-term reliability and low operating costs. The Dryclone is self-contained and doesn’t require an external heat source to operate. The natural heat of the compression of the blowers warms the air sufficiently to achieve maximum drying efficiency in any climate.
However, the Dryclone’s built-in heat exchangers mean that you can take maximum advantage of locally available waste heat without modification to further reduce energy costs.
The Dryclone is ideal for drying larger volumes of residual sludges and organic waste including:
Dryclone can dry solid waste streams including wet organics from up to 75% moisture content to under 15%.
- Include MRF and dirty MRF mixed residuals, black bag waste, green waste, and food waste in SRF – only metals and inerts need to be removed.
- Improve the quality of your SRF by including organics like food waste in the stream. Dryclone SRF can have higher energy content, lower ash content and lower chorine content thanks to the inclusion of the organic fraction.
- Increase your profits from higher gate fees by accepting the wet organic fraction of all waste streams.
Dryclone can dry sludges including sewage sludge (biosolids), anaerobic digester sludge, industrial food waste sludge, and agricultural waste, from up to 85% moisture content down to 15%.
- Dried product is evenly sized and blended, with consistent energy and nutrient content and consistent dryness.
- Optimized for energy recovery and where the product is considered safe for the food chain, optimized for use in fertilizer manufacture.
- Increase your profits by dramatically reducing your sludge haulage and disposal costs.
Call us at 1-866-496-4955 (or 0800 368 8209 from the UK) or contact us for more information about the Dryclone.
*Performance and costs will vary depending on the specific conditions of each project.